Our purpose is to help companies solve their business problems by uniting technology (software and hardware), services, and relationships.
Many companies do a great job at their core business, but need expertise in creating software solutions. SDG Systems has the software and hardware building blocks and experienced team to create mobile, IoT and cloud software applications. Companies who enhance their products and services with us successfully deploy a solution with greater value.
Our focus is data-driven solutions for Android and Linux
We combine our deep knowledge of embedded hardware, Android™ and Linux® architecture, and software design to deliver customized solutions which directly meet each client’s needs. We have extensive experience with enterprise and industrial products and technologies such as rugged mobile computers (handheld and tablet), barcode scanning, RFID, GPS, wireless communication, sensors, and cloud computing. We solve problems and create flexible solutions through client-focused, superior software engineering and support services, application-appropriate hardware, and innovative software.
Our values are traditional
At SDG Systems, we are shaped by our strong company values, which are displayed in our daily operations and interactions. We try to live by the "golden rule," bringing more value to you than you pay us. We believe in:
- Integrity. Be honest. Use good judgment, doing right by the customer and team member. Build and keep trust.
- Excellence. Thoughtful diligence produces excellence. Strive to do everything well.
- Personal Accountability. Display an "I am responsible" attitude.
- Personal Growth. Learn. Enjoy life. Be positive and encouraging.
- Service. Serve others with humility and patience, both customers and team members.
- Value. Provide value to the people you serve. Strive to meet a need.
SDG Systems was founded in 2001 as a part-time entity by Todd and Aric Blumer, beginning with developer support and device drivers for the Sharp Zaurus. In December 2004, Todd started full time, porting Linux to the Trimble Recon and iPaq HX4700. We became a VAR partner of Trimble in 2006. Since then, we have grown to 10 people, have served thousands of customers, and currently have an annual turnover of 7-figures. SDG Systems is a privately held company located in Harmony, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
We partner primarily with solution providers in government, military, transportation, logistics, retail, hospitality, industrial, GIS, and other industries. We provide value in operating system customizations, device drivers, software support and services. Our customers include some of our vendors, as we provide Android (AOSP) implementations on Trimble, Bluebird (Pidion), and Juniper Systems' products. Other customers include solution providers like Lockheed Martin, Tribogenics, Thales Engineering, BrainScope, HP Federal Service, Cassens Transport, Chiral Software and more. Our end customers deploy our rugged devices in a variety of markets.
We have always strived to be a different type of rugged mobile solutions provider. We are innovative, personal and responsive. When you work with SDG Systems, you will find these differences:
- We have more engineers than sales people. When you have a technical problem, we will be able to help you.
- We have been a leader in rugged Android (AOSP) devices since 2009 and mobile Linux since 2001. When you are deploying new technology, experience matters.
- We provide fair pricing. Our products are discounted from list price.
- We were rated by Open Ratings to have a PPE (Past Performance Evaluation) score of 96, which is a top 20% PPE score.
- We have ported Android to several platforms and developed Android apps. We know Android from the PCB to the application level.
Why choose SDG Systems?
- Knowledgeable and helpful team
- Quick response to inquiries
- Online store for convenient ordering
- Many products stocked for quick delivery
- Reseller support and pricing
- Over 1500 customers served since 2001, including many repeat customers
- Software team with Android programming experience since 2009
- Deployments in government and commercial sectors worldwide
- Leader in rugged Android (AOSP) devices
- Customized software and operating system options
- Multiple operating systems to best suit desired application
- Full product assortment with many device configurations
To the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25, ESV)